GOWER WALKING FESTIVAL ASSOCIATION PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Gower Walking Festival Association (GWFA) objective is to be fully compliant with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations, which came into force on 25th May 2018. This Statement documents what data we hold on Individuals and what we do to protect it.
GWFA currently collects and processes part or all of the following information on individuals:-
• Postal Address
• Telephone Number(s)
• Email Address
2. This data is collected directly from individuals and held on platforms as follows:-
a. By Ticket Source for the purpose of managing the ticket purchasing process.
b. By MailChimp, for the purpose of communicating with Individuals.
3. Neither Ticket Source nor MailChimp are entitled to use this information for any other purpose whatsoever.
4. This data has been provided directly by the Individual.
5. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases GWFA rely on for processing this information are:-
a. We have to hold and process this information so that we can provide you with a ticket, take payment and to keep you informed of any changes to the event.
b. We require this information for our own record keeping and to manage the Festival effectively and safely.
c. We also have a Legitimate Interest in holding this data so that we can send information to you about the current and future Festivals.
6. GWFA will ensure that it always keeps Individuals rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
7. GWFA will not pass this data on to any other person or organisation, except Ticket Source, and MailChimp for the purposes in (5), or as required by law.
8. We do not hold any banking or payment card details for Individuals. These are processed through Ticket Source who use a Third Party Payment Service Provider, Global Payments.
9. All data is held on secure servers and its security is managed by Ticket Source and Mailchimp. Where GWFA has direct access to this data it is protected by password and access is limited to those that need to process the information for GWFA use.
10. To comply with legal requirements from HMRC, data on Ticket Source will be held for 7 years from the end of each financial year.
11. If an Individual requests the data be removed, we will delete it from mailing lists, but the data will be held for 7 years from the end of the financial year in which the request was made to comply with legal requirements.
12. Individuals have the right to object to GWFA holding this data and may ask for it to be removed, subject to the requirements of (11) above. Individuals may also ask to see the information we hold on them.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
13. Personal information this website collects and the reasons we collect it.
This website collects and uses personal information to track user interaction. As with most websites, ours uses Google Analytics. We use this data to determine the number of visitors to our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages, and to see their journey through the website.
Although Google Analytics records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. Google Analytics also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 16 below).
In addition to Google Analytics, this website may collects information which is held in the public domain, attributed to the IP address of the computer or device that is being used to access it. The information is supplied to us from Whoisvisiting.com. Whoisvisiting.com is a service offered by Whoisdata Limited. The Whoisvisiting system does not use your IP address to identify you, the individual, in any way. No cookies are used by the Whoisvisiting system. The Whoisvisiting system will only lookup information when a static IP address is being used. Differences between a static and dynamic IP address.
More information about how Whoisvisiting uses IP addresses
14. Contact forms and email links. Should you choose to contact us using the contact form or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 5. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS sometimes known as SSL meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices. We will only use your information to contact you for the purposes of your enquiry and will never share this information with other organisations for any reason.
15. About our server. This website is hosted by Kualo within a UK data centre.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
A range of technologies are employed that help keep Kualo’s servers exceptionally stable. Accounts are isolated with a caged file system that prevents privilege escalation and information disclosure attacks. Multiple firewall layers featuring machine learning and collective intelligence keeps bots and hackers at bay. Vulnerabilities are automatically patched in a wide range of web applications and quarantine known malware, keeping sites and visitors safe.
BitNinja protects the servers from a wide range of attacks. BitNinja uses collective intelligence and machine learning to identify and block threats from millions of ‘bad networks’ which are seeking to hack servers and websites.
Other security features include:
• Ddos Guardian
WordPress and all third party plugins and software applications used in our website are regularly updated to the latest versions, to protect against malware and security breaches.
16. Third party data processors. We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf and to add additional levels of security. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2. These third parties are based in the USA and Australia, and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
If you have any questions about this statement or wish us to remove your data from our files please email or telephone 07340 672963.
You may also unsubscribe from emails from GWFA by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link on any GWFA email.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your date.
ICO – Information Commissionsers Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.